I love using candles especially when it comes to Diwali. It has been a source of light, warmth, and ambiance for centuries. Whether you’re looking to create a cozy atmosphere, add a touch of romance, or simply relax after a long day, candles can transform any space. However, with a wide variety of candles available in the market, choosing the right one can be overwhelming. Fear not! In this buying guide, I will walk you through the factors to consider when purchasing candles, ensuring you find the perfect ones for your needs.
So, let’s dive in :
1. Purpose and Intended Use: First, determine the purpose of your candles. Are you looking for scented candles to create a relaxing environment, or do you need unscented candles for a special event?
Consider where you’ll be using the candles – be it in the living room, bedroom, bathroom, or outdoor space – as different areas may require different types of candles.
2. Candle Types: Familiarize yourself with the various candle types available. Some popular options include pillar candles, votive candles, tealights, jar candles, and taper candles.
Each type offers a different aesthetic and burn time, so choose based on your preferences and the desired effect you want to achieve.
3. Candle Materials: In the market out there, there are tonnes of candles available made from different materials, such as paraffin wax, soy wax, beeswax, and even coconut wax. Each material has its own characteristics, including burn time, scent throw, and eco-friendliness.
So, you can consider your priorities, such as sustainability or allergies, when selecting the candle material.
I always go with paraffin wax types of candles because it never hurts me.
4. Scented or Unscented Candles: Scented candles add fragrance to your space, creating a soothing and inviting atmosphere. However, if you’re sensitive to scents like me or you prefer a more subtle ambiance, unscented candles are a great option. When opting for scented candles, explore different scents and choose those that align with your preferences or evoke specific moods, such as floral, woody, or citrus.
5. Burn Time and Longevity: The burn time of a candle is an important factor to consider. If you’re looking for candles that will last for several hours, choose larger candles or ones specifically labeled with extended burn times.
Additionally, consider the longevity of the candle in terms of quality. Look for well-made candles that burn evenly, avoiding any wastage.
6. Safety Considerations: Knock Knock, Safety should always be a top priority when using candles. Look for candles with sturdy containers or holders to prevent accidents.
7. Candle Safety and Precautions: I would suggest you never skip this point. Always prioritize safety when using candles. Follow these essential safety tips:
• Never leave a burning candle unattended.
• Keep candles away from flammable materials and out of the reach of children and pets.
• Place candles on heat-resistant surfaces and away from drafts.
• Trim the wick to a quarter of an inch before each use to prevent excessive flame and soot.
• Extinguish candles before leaving the room or going to bed.
8. Quality and Brand Reputation: Consider purchasing candles from reputable brands known for their quality and craftsmanship.
Research customer reviews and recommendations to ensure you’re investing in candles that provide a satisfying experience.
9. Budget-Friendly Options: Candles come in a wide range of prices. Determine your budget and explore options that fit within your financial means. You should keep in mind that high-quality candles may have a higher upfront cost but can provide a longer burn time and a more enjoyable experience overall.
Personally I always go with budget friendly 🙂
10. Environmental Impact: For eco-conscious consumers, opt for candles made from natural, renewable materials like soy wax or beeswax. Avoid candles containing harmful chemicals and additives, as they can release toxins into the air when burned.
11. Explore Different Brands and Scents: Don’t be afraid to experiment with different candle brands and scents. Visit local candle shops, browse online marketplaces, or attend craft fairs to discover unique and handmade candles that suit your preferences.
Conclusion: At the end, I would say that choosing the perfect candles involves considering factors such as purpose, candle types, materials, scent options, burn time, safety, and budget. By taking these aspects into account, you can enhance the ambiance of your space and enjoy the soothing glow and fragrance that candles provide. With this buying guide as your companion, go forth and illuminate your surroundings with candles that truly light up your life.
Do share this guide with your friends and family if you found it helpful and for any types of queries please do let me know in the comments section.