- Search engine: Used for surfing on the web (Google, Bing, yahoo……)
- Optimization: Bringing the results to the top position
Using the search engines and tools for bringing the results in the top position is called SEO.
SEO PROJECT CYCLE:
- Website audit – Identify errors by using tools. Ex: iwebchk.com
- Keyword research – Find out high search volume and relevancy keywords. Ex: Google ads
- On-page optimization – Modify or resolve issues within the website. It has 20 factors.
- Off-page optimization – Posting the website info into other websites.
- Competitor backlink analysis – Backlinking and Editing using tools. Ex: backlink watch, ahrefs
WEBSITE AUDIT USING IWEBCHK.COM SEO TOOL:
- In google, we search for “iwechk.com”.
- In the search bar, we have to give the URL link for which website we want to audit.
- Then click on analyze.
- We’ll get the result like below with score.
- The above image shows the details of the website in which positions it has
- High Score
- Low Score
- Medium Score
- Social Media Indicators
- SEO Content
- Mobile Optimization
- Technologies Used
KEYWORD RESEARCH USING GOOGLE ADS:
- In google, we search for “ads.google.com”.
- Click on Get started and Click on Tools & Settings.
- Under Planner Click on Keyword Planner.
- Click on Discover new Keywords, then search with any keyword.
- Then it shows the results of the keyword.
ON-PAGE OPTIMIZATION FACTORS:
- Title – <title>keyword 1 | keyword 2 – brand name</title>. The length of title should be 512 pixels = 64 characters
- Description – <description> Content = “summary of webpage”. The length of description should be 900 pixels.
- Url – Snippet: title + description + URL
- Alternative – Alt tag is used for image optimization. Alternative tags = Alternative keywords alt = “keyword”.
- Content Optimization – Content optimization is used to optimize the content and check if there is any plagiarism. Duplichecker.com is used to check plagiarism through content. Copyscape.com is used to check plagiarism through URL. Keyword Density is 1% = 100 words i.e., 1 Keyword for 100 words called “Whitehat SEO Technique”. Keyword Stuffing is a greater number of keywords. Called as “Blackhat SEO Technique”.
- Internal Links – We can generate the links within the website from one page to another page. <a href = “web URL”> text </a>
- External Links Links are generated from other websites.
- Footer Links – Footer section links that have all the important links of the website.
- Text/Html ratio – The ideal text to Html ratio should be 25 – 70%. It is checked by using small SEO tools.
- 404 Error Pages – 404 error means the website path we are checking is right but the destination is wrong.
- Schema.org – Schema.org is improving the way search engines read and represent the page. It is checked by using Rich snippet generator tool/ visiospard.com
- FavIcon – Favorite icon of the website that has to be developed by the developer.
- Page Reloading Speed – Page loading speed is the average amount of time taken. The ideal page load time is 2 sec. This can be checked using the tool Pingdom.
- Robots.txt – It is used by websites to communicate with web crawlers and other web robots.
- Sitemaps – A sitemap is a way of organizing a website, identifying the URLs and the data under each section. XML-sitemaps.
- Breadcrumb Navigation – Tells the user exactly what pages they’ve been on and how they have ended up.
OFF-PAGE OPTIMIZATION FACTORS:
Submitting the website information to other high-quality websites.
Website info = Title/ Description/ Keywords
- Alexa Ranking – 1 – infinity = high quality websites < 30k (1 – 30k). For checking Alexa rank we use https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo.
- Domain Authority – 1 – 100 = high quality websites > 30. The tool used for checking domain authority is https://moz.com/domain-analysis.
- Page Rank – https://checkpagerank.net/check-page-rank.php.
OFF-PAGE METHODS (OR) SUBMISSIONS:
Building backlinks with other websites. This increases authority for our site traffic. Backlinks mean links coming back from other sites to our sites.
- Directory Submissions – It is defined as the practice of submitting our website URL and the details of the website on the web in a directory under a particular category. This is a way that helps you to improve the traffic by getting backlinks. https://www.usalistingdirectory.com/submit.php
- Social Bookmarking – Bookmarking a web page on your browser to read later. They let web users keep track of your content. The social bookmarks tell search engine algorithms that your content is valuable. They increase your authority and credibility. That improves your ranking on keywords related to your business. https://www.pinterest.com/
- Profile Creations – Profile Creation is for growing business by getting backlinks through other sites in which we created a profile. https://www.justdial.com/
- Forum Submissions – It is a Q & A participating website where we can get a backlink through that website. “SEO services: forums”. https://www.pinterest.com/
- Article Submissions – It is defined as the practice of submitting our website Article on the web in a directory under a particular category. This is a way that helps you to improve the traffic by getting backlinks. https://www.usalistingdirectory.com/submit_article.php
- Search Engine Submissions – It refers to the act of getting your website listed with search engines. https://www.freewebsubmission.com/
- Blog Commenting – By commenting on blogs with our business account and approving, we can get backlinks. “keyword: leave a comment”. https://smartblogger.com/ || https://techruth.com/ || https://successfulblogging.com
- Guest Blogging – Writing some content about our website and post it another website. “keyword: write for us” https://www.quora.com/
- Press Release – Press release submission refers to writing about new events, products, or services of the company and submitting it to pr sites. It is an off-page SEO strategy the helps popularize your events, products, or services on the web to improve the SEO of your site. https://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/